Check out the video above of Tom Zagula applying the sealer at one of our 2019 Lagler-Loba classes.
This is a waterborne sealer for wood floors based on polyurethane- acrylate-resins.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy while using Loba Easy Prime:
- No lap marks
- Reduces the side bonding tendency of waterborne finishes
- Can be finished with all Loba waterborne finishes
- Suitable for almost all wood species
- Excellent coverage rate
Coverage: 400-500 square feet per gallon
Why use a sealer on wood floors? How does it help to apply a sealer before putting down finish?
A sealer will help to prevent or minimize potential reactions between the wood and the finish to help provide the best appearance and maximum durability.
Other benefits to applying sealer:
- Minimizes the migration of tannins and other extractives which might move from the wood itself into the finish and change the final color of the finish.
- Provides a good base upon which to build your coats of finish. Without a sealer, the finish will often soak directly into the wood, often requiring extra coats of finish.
- Minimizes potentially unfavorable reactions between the wood and the finish. It’s kind of like a barrier between the wood and the finish.
- Helps you achieve the desired end result and perfect finish color than if you had just applied finish alone.