- C-weight paper backing holds up during jobs such as rough feather-edging
- Aluminum oxide abrasive combines fast cut with long disc life
- Disc is easy to change and reuse, maximizing utility for the life of the disc
- Open coat construction provides a more aggressive cut and minimizes dust
- Load-resistant coating prevents dust and debris from clogging the disc
- An aluminum oxide Hookit disc constructed on a C weight
- Intermediate paper backing
- Used to complement 3M Maroon Surface Prep Pads
With its open coat construction and aluminum oxide mineral abrasive, it provides a sharp cut – more aggressive than a comparable closed coat abrasive of the same grade – without dust accumulating on the disc.
Open coat construction means the abrasive grains are placed with space between them to help evacuate sanding dust and other debris to avoid clogging the cutting edge of the grains. The load-resistant coating on the abrasive grains also allows the disc to continue cutting even when sanding paints, fillers, putties and other materials that would otherwise clog the disc and hinder sanding ability. All of this adds up to increased productivity and reduced material consumption.
Abrasive discs are good for use in stock removal, blending, finishing and polishing applications. The combination of several minerals, resin systems and backings results in a wide variety of products to meet requirements for use on most wood, metal, composite, gel coat, painted substrates or hard‑to‑grind materials.
Click here to buy 3M Gold PSA discs.
Click here to buy 3M Gold PSA rolls.