This Earth Day we’re highlighting Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C, which is a great plant-based hardwood floor finish. With its zero VOCs and zero solvents, this is a sustainable, eco-friendly finish.
This product allows the natural color and look of the wood to shine through. This is a European-style oil finish so it will give off a matte appearance with little to no sheen, and is therefore best for projects in which you would like to retain a natural appearance in the floors.
Another unique feature about this product is that it usually does not show overlapping or starting points because of the way in which the oil binds with the wood on a molecular level.
There are over 50 colors of Oil Plus 2C available so that you can find the exact one to suit any project.
How to Apply Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C
This is the process Rubio recommends for applying Oil Plus 2C to a hardwood floor:
- Mix component A in a bucket so the pigments are well-incorporated
- Mix in component B
- Apply the oil to the sides of the room first using a Padco tool
- Remove excess oil with a cloth
- Apply the oil to the rest of the room using a buffer pad
- Remove excess oil from the floor with a clean white pad attached to your buffer
Foot traffic can resume after 24 hours. After 7 days, the finish will be water-resistant.
Click here to browse our selection of Rubio Monocoat Oil Plus 2C products!