On August 17, 2017, we hosted our first Facebook Live How-To session from the CFS Machine Repair shop. During the session, we showed our audience how to replace the switch on an edger.
Our first live session was not without some mishaps. When we posted the video to our Facebook timeline, the video displayed sideways! You can watch the corrected version up at the top of this page.
Our next Facebook Live session will be on Thursday, August 31st at 12:30 PM! Tune in live on facebook.com/cityfloorsupply
Our goal for this series is to help educate contractors and give them direct access to the hardwood floor experts at City Floor Supply.
You can leave a comment below with any suggestions for topics you would like us to cover in future Facebook Live sessions!
Although Angelo demonstrated this repair on a Clarke B2 edger, you can take the same steps to replace the switch on any standard flooring edger.
Here’s how to replace the on/off switch on an edger:
1) Make sure your edger is unplugged before conducting any repairs.
2) Use a hex wrench to remove side handle screws.
3) Loosen the retaining nut on the switch stem and remove the switch assembly from the handle.
4) Unscrew the switch terminals for the line-in and the motor, and remove the switch from the machine.
5) Install the new switch by attaching the terminals for the line-in and the motor. Make note of the side of the switch with a slot in it; this is the “off” side. Secure the wires with electrical tape.
6) Put a height-adjusting nut on the handle assembly. Secure the new switch to the handle assembly.
7) Use a wrench to secure the “on/off” notation plate over the switch.
8) Re-assemble the handle.
9) Turn on the edger to make sure the switch works.
Click here to like us on Facebook and get notified next time we are going live!