Watch the video above to see Joe apply the new Bona Craft Oil 2K to a wood panel in our warehouse. This video was recorded through Facebook Live on September 21, 2017. We do a Facebook Live session like this every two weeks. Like us on Facebook to get notified of when we are going live again, and be sure to let us know in the comments what you’d like to see us cover in our next live video!
Bona Craft Oil 2K is available in six different colors: Frost, Neutral, Clay, Charcoal, Garnet, and Ash. The color that Joe applies in the video is Clay over an existing application of Craft Oil, which had been applied to the wood panel during our 2017 Bona Master Class.
You can see the beautiful end result despite the fact that this wood panel is in the middle of our busy warehouse. It’s been walked on, had hydraulic oil spilled on it, and had been covered in dust because our warehouse is located right next to a quarry.
Joe simply cleaned and prepped the floor and applied another coat of Craft Oil on top to bring it back to life! As you can see, this product is simple to apply, easy to clean, and gives you excellent results.
What makes Bona Craft Oil 2K special?
This product is easy to apply and helps you achieve a deep, natural, rich color in hardwood floors that your clients are sure to be happy with.
This product is quick curing. A Craft Oil-coated floor can handle light traffic in 10-12 hours, even with simply one coat. It has a great spread rate of approximately 600 to 800 square feet per 1/2 liter.
You will not experience bleedback with this product because the hardener ensures that the liquid penetrates the grain of the wood.
Bona Craft Oil 2K has all of the benefits of a natural oil finish, like the fact that it doesn’t really have to be completely refinished; it can simply be recoated.
If you ever need to give life to floors coated in Craft Oil, all you have to do is clean it (preferably with a Bona hardwood floor maintenance kit) and then re-coat it with more Craft Oil. Your clients are sure to love this.
Bona will likely come out with pretreatments to add to the effects that are already possible with Craft Oil.
Applying Bona Craft Oil 2K
The Craft Oil application process is essentially the same you would use for any natural oil or penetrating oil finish:
- Prep the floor as normal. You can also water pop it for a deeper, richer color.
- Mix the catalyst with the Craft Oil. This is a 9-to-1 mix.
- Buff or trowel on the Craft Oil.
- Use a squirt bottle to get ahead of yourself as you are working with the product. You can use the puck from the center of the buffer pad to work the oil into the corners of the floor.
- Make sure you get the excess oil up off the floor – in the video, Joe simply uses a terry towel and a buffer to take care of this.
- Let the product cure for approximately 10-12 hours before adding additional coats or allowing light foot traffic on the floors.
If you’d like to learn more about Bona Craft Oil 2K, click here, call us at (800) 737-1786, or email email@example.com.