Do you need to install a pad on your Clarke B2 edger? Watch our video or read below for the steps to perform this maintenance.
- Flip the B2 Edger upside down.
- Place a long screwdriver into the vacuum fan to lock the fan. Make sure you are placing the screwdriver in the vacuum fan and not the motor cooling fan.
- Use a spanner wrench to tap the pad free. The pad is right-handed thread and should spin off easily. It must be rotated counter-clockwise to be removed.
- Get the new pad. Place it onto the edger. Spin it clockwise to install the pad.
- After the pad is installed, check the caster height and level.
- Once this is done you must dress the pad on medium grit sandpaper. The amount of dressing needed will vary. When the vibration is reduced or gone you are done dressing.
- Lastly, you’ll want to test the edger by bolting on some sandpaper and checking the profile cut. Make sure the edger is sanding between 1 1/2 inches to 2 inches from the front edge to the back screw. Make sure there is good dust pick up, the edger is not digging, the casters are spinning freely, and there is no vibration.
If you have any questions about installing a pad on the Clarke B2 edger, feel free to contact us at City Floor Supply. We can be reached at (800) 737-1786. To purchase a Clarke B2 Edger, click here. To buy replacement pads, click here.